Litigation Support Overview
Business in the 21st Century is far more complex than before, and our society has become much more litigious. Reagan FVL offers a broad array of services to help lawyers succeed in competently serving clients. Forensic accounting and litigation services are designed to resolve business and personal disputes and entail forensic, investigative, analytic, accounting, valuation, and other economic consulting services.
Expert Witness Services
"I have found Greg to be perceptive, analytical, professional, ethical, honest, and forthright. Greg’s work is timely, organized, professionally presented, accurate and detailed. He is articulate, presents his findings with excellent oral communications skills and most importantly, he wears well in front of people (especially juries and judges)."
- Bruce G., Litigation Attorney
Reagan FVL offers highly specialized testifying and consulting expert witness services for civil and criminal matters at deposition, trial, arbitration or mediation.
We provide expert witness services in matters regarding
- Divorcing spouses
- Separating business partners
- Shareholder disputes
- Other disputed matters
Areas in which we can assist include:
- Business Valuation Issues
- Fraud and Embezzlement
- Commercial Damages
- Corporate and Partnership Dissolution
- Intellectual Property
- Family Law
- Insurance Matters
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Eminent Domain
An effective accounting professional Expert is proactive and pivotal in the litigation process. Greg Reagan serves as the firm's litigation expert and various federal and state Courts of Law have recognized him as a qualified expert in cases involving business valuation, fraud, damage assessments, bankruptcy, divorce, and accounting issues.
When you need an expert to make the difference in your case, consider Greg Reagan and the professionals at Reagan FVL. We bring the Experience, Technical skills, Resourcefulness, Objectivity, and Creativity needed to get the facts straight and effectively presented.
Also, Reagan FVL has extensive experience analyzing market and ﬁnancial data, and using that information to measure economic loss. We can help legal counsel analyze and rebut opinions of opposing experts. We understand the litigation process of discovery, answers and interrogatories, and courtroom testimony. We have signiﬁcant deposition and trial experience in federal and state courts, serving both plaintiffs and defendants as consulting or testifying expert, and as Special Master or its equivalent.
"I have always found Greg to be a person of the highest ethical, moral, and personal values. His greatest asset is his ability to communicate effectively both his professional ethics and accounting knowledge in a manner that is always well received."
- Russell S., Business CFO
Reagan FVL has extensive experience working with individuals and corporate clients in a wide range of industries. We provide damage measurements in the following areas:
- Lost Revenues, Profits, or Wages
- Loss of Business Value Damages from Asset Impairment
- Economic Damages from Fraud or Abuse
- Shareholder Disputes
- Wrongful Death
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Contract Dispute Damages
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Accounting Malpractice
- Construction Litigation
When you need an expert to make the difference in your case, consider the professionals at Reagan FVL. We bring the Experience, Technical Skills, Resourcefulness, Objectivity, and Creativity needed to get the facts straight and effectively presented.
Effectively resolving disputes requires scientific approaches coupled with simple, artistic presentations so that nonfinancial users can understand them. Professional accounting standards that govern financial reporting can be complex to apply and even more difficult to comprehend. Attorneys and other professionals who specialize in this area may rely on Reagan FVL to unscramble the complexities of professional accounting standards like:
"I have worked with Greg on several occasions, and in each instance, he has brought value to his clients and has served their interests well. I always enjoy working with Greg."
- Jim M., Tax Attorney
- GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- GAAS (Generally Accepted Auditing Standards)
- SSARS (Statements on Standards for Accounting & Review Services)
- Attestation Standards
- Consulting Standards
- Business Valuation Standards
- Code of Professional Conduct
Reagan FVL can also review contracts and other legal documents to determine whether recorded financial transactions comply with the terms of contracts and agreements. When disputes relate to the value of a closely-held business interest or intangible asset value, Reagan FVL has the tools and experience to help resolve such disputes.
Whatever the conflict, Reagan FVL has the skill, ability and experience to help resolve disputes in a proper and professional manner. Our services include
- performing a preliminary evaluation of claims and helping develop strategy
- investigating the allegations in the case
- preparing a discovery request
- consulting with legal advisors about arbitration or mediation as an alternative to litigation
- reviewing data and helping legal advisors prepare for depositions of witnesses
- helping legal advisors prepare interrogatories
- helping legal advisors prepare answers to interrogatories
- preparing or reviewing damage calculations
- assisting legal advisors in evaluating various settlement proposals
- simplifying complex matters into layman's level terms and through useful exhibits during testimony at deposition, trial, mediation or arbitration
We have experience in both civil and criminal disputes, including fraud investigations and prosecutions. Contact Reagan FVL and let us bring our solutions approach to effectively resolving the dispute you are facing. Let Reagan FVL show you how they are "the missing piece to your puzzle."